THE IMPF NETWORK PROJECT
Training and Digital Transition
(Work Package 4)
IMPF has established digital training webinars for members, surveyed their data needs and is working towards securing links with data platforms.
In 2022 IMPF hosted webinars on a range of different topics including a deep dive into data; new revenue streams from sectors such as gaming, the metaverse and NFTs; and managing royalties. IMPF also carried out a detailed survey of members’ digital and data needs. Results indicated that members had a strong interest in AI-based tagging and data collection tools. A webinar with AI tagging platform Disco focused on working with independent publishers took place in December. Additionally, under the Project IMPF has commissioned templates for use by music publishers for licensing in the metaverse.
Who We Worked With
IMPF worked with a broad range of panellists in five Training & Digital Transition webinars hosted in 2023:
- “Can the streaming pie grow?” panel (March 03): Will Page, author of Tarzan Economics, visiting Fellow at London School of Economics and former Chief Economist at Spotify and PRS for Music; Ender Atis, COO, Budde Music and Board Member of IMPF; Vickie Nauman, founder of CrossBorderWorks; Helienne Lindvall, composer, author, Chair of ECSA and Board Member of The Ivors Academy.
- “Maximising revenues for music publishers”(April 21): Lisa Öjeklint, Head of Publishing Operations, Musixmatch; Robert Singerman, SVP, International Publishing, LyricFind; Jennifer Mitchell, President and Founder, Red Brick Songs; Mitch Rubin, Vice President, Digital Rights,
- “Deep Dive into Data” (May 20): Lisa Selden, Global Head of Publishing Solutions – Spotify, Sylvain Piat, Director of Business – CISAC, Juliette Charonnat, Sales Marketing and Communications Director – Believe; Bryson Nobles, Co-Founder and CTO – Music Tech Works, and Gwenola Gicquel, Director of Online Licensing Administration – SACEM.
- “Managing Royalties; from tracking and matching to paying accurately and on time” (June 30): Elisa Amouyal, CEO – Talit MuZic Publishing; Hanna Grzeszczyk, Founder and Director – Media IP Rights; Eric Baptiste, Co-founder and CEO – Qwantum Rights Solutions; Lindsay Conlin, Director of Business Development – Exactuals; Jessica Treacy, Head of Operations and Royalty Distribution – IMRO; Colin Young, Founder and Owner – CC Young.
- “Disco – Working together with Independent Publishers” (December 07): Claire Lothian, Head of Customer Success – DISCO; Nuno Saraiva, Founding Director – Lusitanian Music Publishing.
The IMPF membership.
The EU project team is exploring the possibility of negotiating a network discount rate with data platforms for IMPF members.
This report is available to download here below.
The EU project team is exploring the possibility of negotiating a network discount rate with data platforms for IMPF members. Activity details to follow shortly.
Find out more about IMPF membership
Being an IMPF member means you will add your voice to an international network focused on your concerns.