IMPF is very pleased to have supported the attached study commissioned by GESAC on the state of the cultural and creative industries in Europe and how the sector can be part of the solution to the economic recovery post-Covid.
The report reveals how cultural and creative industries (CCIs):
- Employed more than twice as many people as telecommunications and automotive industries combined
- Were growing faster than the EU average
- Represented 4.4% of EU GDP in terms of turnover
- Are some of the worst affected by the COVID pandemic (more than the tourism industry and almost on par with air transport)
- If properly empowered, could hold the key to rebuilding Europe’s economy
The study was commissioned by GESAC (European Grouping of Societies of Authors and Composers) and brought together a broad array of partners; AEPO-ARTIS, EUROCINEMA, EUROCOPYA, EVA, FIAPF, IMPALA, IVF, SAA, SROC, and supportive organisations; AER, CEPIC, EACA, ECSA, EGDF, EPC, FEP, FERA, FSE, IFRRO, IMPF, highlighting the cross-sectoral support for its findings and recommendations.